Friday, November 11, 2005

Meir Shalev

On Wednesday, I went with Vered to see Meir Shalev speak at the Harvard Hillel. He is, with no doubt - the best existing Israeli author. The title of his talk was

"My Russian Grandmother and Her American Vacuum Cleaner".

As usual, he spoke about his family a hundred years ago during the "2nd Aliyah". They were socialist pioneers who immigrated to Palestine in the early 1900's. And as usual, his story was spiced with a delicate sense of humor...
It was inspiring.


Yuval and Gal also love his books. He has a wonderful repertoire of children's books. Among our favorites is:

רוני ונעמי והדב יעקב

wow - I can post Hebrew on the blog...
I might do that more often now. Tomorrow Yigal is leaving to DC to the SFN conference, and he'll be back next Wednesday. So I have 5 days to juggle the kids on my own...
And then next Friday, we're all going to Arizona and Utah to see the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon National parks, and end with a visit to Tucson, AZ - where we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with the Pozez family - so stay tuned for more posts then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home